About Tacoma Garden Club
The Tacoma Garden Club, a member of the Garden Club of America, has 120 members from across the South Puget Sound area. The club explores four areas of interest: Floral Design, Horticulture, Conservation, and Photography with a variety of programs and workshops, some of which are open to the public. With great dedication and pride, the club also supports and maintains the Northwest Native Plant Garden, located within Point Defiance Park, as a resource for the community.
The Tacoma Garden Club promotes gardening in our community through education and action in the areas of horticulture, conservation, sustainability, floral arts, photography and civic improvement.
Purpose of the Tacoma Garden Club
- To support and maintain the Northwest Native Plant Garden at Point Defiance Park for the education of our members and the community.
- To present programs and provide additional educational opportunities in the fields of conservation, floral arts, horticulture and photography.
- To collaborate with other entities having a similar mission.
- To promote civic improvement.
Vision of the Tacoma Garden Club
The Tacoma Garden Club envisions an effective, sustainable organization recognized by its passion for gardening and stewardship of the environment.
The Tacoma Garden Club is a member club of The Garden Club of America:
- Organized March 24, 1925
- Entered The Garden Club of America in April 1928
- Incorporated in March 1929
- Established Non-Profit Status September 25, 1990
Membership in Tacoma Garden Club
If you are interested in becoming a new member of Tacoma Garden Club, please submit the information below to our Membership Chair. You will be contacted shortly.
Both women and men from the South Puget Sound area are welcome to learn about our membership nomination process and guidelines for participation.
Membership nominations are due by March 1 of each year.
Email your inquiry to: Membership@tacomagardenclub.org
Please provide the following information.
- Name (First and Last):
- Best phone number to call:
- Email address: